Dobri Kiprov, M.D.
- Founder and president, Global Apheresis, Inc
- Member of the Board of Directors, of the International Society For Apheresis (ISFA)
- Member of the Editorial Board, Transfusion and Apheresis Science
- Former Chief of Division of Immunotherapy, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Former Medical Director and Senior VP of Apheresis Care Group, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Kiprov has worked in the field of Therapeutic Apheresis for more than 30 years and has published extensively on this subject. Dr. Kiprov served two terms on the American Society for Apheresis (ASFA) Board of Directors and created the first ASFA educational video program. He is also the first physician to take and pass the Hemapheresis Practitioner Exam (ASCP). Dr. Kiprov is the recipient of the ASFA Presidential Award for his pioneering work and numerous contributions to the field of apheresis and the Society. He is also the recipient of the ASFA Lecturers Award and the Francis Morrison Memorial Award. Dr. Kiprov is one of the first physicians in the United States to complete a formal fellowship program in Clinical Immunology and Immunopathology (Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, sponsored by the NIH). Dr. Kiprov’s accomplishments in the field of Immunology are reflected in his numerous publications including the first description of new Immunologically Related Syndromes. With his immunology and apheresis background, Dr. Kiprov has been a part of the first trials of immunotherapy (cell therapies) and is currently involved in several projects involving Cell vaccines and CAR-T cell therapies.