ONLINE AGE MANAGEMENT MEDICINE Webinars
The Age Management Medicine Group offers webinars that are of interest to Age Management Medicine Healthcare Professionals. We strive to provide quality lectures that maintain our desire for the professional dissemination of medical and scientific information in an evidence-based format.
Aging is the number one risk factor for almost all chronic diseases and has always been difficult to objectively assess. Now, with the advent of new Multi-omic diagnostics such as epigenetics, transcriptomics, and proteomics, we have ways to effectively assess a patient’s aging rates and vet the effect of many anti-aging treatments. In particular, many advances have been made to epigenetic testing and the algorithms that can interpret these DNA markers to health related risks and outcomes.
In this 3-part CME series you’ll learn about:
- the history of this new field, how many are using it, and the best ways to reverse epigenetic aging
- how to treat and test aging with a single test
- how to use epigenetic algorithms to assess immune system function, telomere length, senescence, instantaneous aging rate, and of course how all of these metrics relate to the risk of developing chronic disease.
In this free webinar Dr. DeSilva reviews the latest science behind the use of supplements and nutrients to help prevent and in some situations treat the COVID-19 virus as shown in the latest medical literature and on September 2020 the Centers for Disease Control stated that Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc may have a role in the treatment of COVID-19.
This webinar covers current testing modalities that can be used in an office setting and reviews the different cassettes that are available along with presenting data on the sensitivity and specificity of these testing processes.
Presented by Derrick DeSilva, Jr., M.D.
AMMG Webinar – October 29, 2020
Sarcopenia, the age-related loss of skeletal muscle mass, strength, and function has become a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the US. In 2000 sarcopenia cost our healthcare system $18,500,00 and will become a greater burden to our society in the future as 78 million baby boomers are over 65. It can be prevented through age management strategies, individualized patient treatment plans, HRT, strength conditioning & nutrition.
In this lecture you will learn about:
- the importance of GH and its related growth factors in body functioning, restoration, and protection,
- how to detect and interpret deficiency,
- the myth about GH causing cancer,
- a variety of treatment protocols using secretagogues initially and also growth hormone in combination with secretagogues.
Knowing how best to detect alterations in growth hormone and its by-products will allow for a more comprehensive preventative program addressing wellness under Age Management Medicine. Understanding the legal requirements for justifiable prescribing of growth hormone allows physicians to provide uncompromising services to and for the patient.